Subject: [OMPI users] pgi and gcc runtime compatability
From: Brock Palen (brockp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-07 22:06:28

I did something today that I was happy worked, but I want to know if
anyone has had problem with it.

At runtime. (not compiling) would a OpenMPI built with pgi work to
run a code that was compiled with the same version but gcc built
OpenMPI ? I tested a few apps today after I accidentally did this
and found it worked. They were all C/C++ apps (namd and gromacs)
but what about fortran apps? Should we expect problems if someone
does this?

I am not going to encourage this, but it is more if needed.

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp_at_[hidden]