Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Issue with Profiling Fortran code
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-05 11:06:07

On Dec 5, 2008, at 10:55 AM, David Skinner wrote:

>> FWIW, if that one-liner fix works (George and I just chatted about
>> this
>> on the phone), we can probably also push it into v1.2.9.
>
> great! thanks.

It occurs to me that this is likely not going to be enough for you,
though. :-\

Like it or not, there's still installed OMPI's out there that will
show this old behavior. Do you need to know / adapt for those? If
so, I can see two ways of you figuring it out:

1. At run time, do a simple call to (Fortran) MPI_INITIALIZED and see
if you intercept it twice (both in Fortran and in C).

2. If that's not attractive, we can probably add a line into the
ompi_info output that you can grep for when using OMPI (you can look
for the OPEN_MPI macro from our <mpi.h> to know if it's Open MPI or
not). Specifically, this line can be there for the "fixed" versions,
and it simply won't be there for non-fixed versions.

Cisco Systems