Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Processor/core selection/affinity for large shared memory systems
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-04 15:20:44

I confess to confusion. OpenMPI will by default map your processes in
a round-robin fashion based on process slot. If you are in a resource
managed environment (e.g., TM or SLURM), then the slots correspond to
cores. If you are in an unmanaged environment, then your hostfile
needs to specify a single hostname, and the slots=x number should
reflect the total number of cores on your machine.

If you then set mpi_paffinity_alone=1, OMPI will bind each rank to its
associated core.

Is that not what you are trying to do?
Ralph