Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI on a LAN
From: Raymond Wan (rwan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-29 21:37:45

Hi Heitor,

Heitor Florido wrote:
> I have installed OpenMPI on both computers and my application works on on
> both of them, but when I try to communicate between them, the method
> MPI_Lookup_name can't resolve the name published by the other machine.
>
> I've tried to run the example from mpi-forum that uses MPI_Open_port too,
> but it didn't work either.
> After reading about it on some FAQs e some other threads from the forum, I
> believe that I need to config my ssh options.

Honestly, when I installed Open MPI, I didn't perform any configuration
of the ssh options, as far as I can remember. I'm not sure if someone
else can help you. I can imagine networks being set up incorrectly, but
I can't imagine what incorrect ssh option there would be to prevent one
computer from finding another. In addition to some FAQs, Gus suggested
running a simple example called hello_c.c. Have you tried that?

It is hard to give any suggestions unless you give more information such
as a shortened version of your source code and what is the command line
that you ran mpirun with. It might help if you ran some existing code
(such as http://mpi.deino.net/mpi_functions/MPI_Lookup_name.html), too.

Ray