Subject: [OMPI users] OpenMPI on a LAN
From: Heitor Florido (heitorflorido_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-27 21:36:51

Hello,
I have built an application using opemmpi 1.2.8 that is a client/server
application that uses MPI_publish_name and MPI_Lookup_name to start the
communication.
This application works fine on a single computer.
However, i'd like to run it on 2 pcs using linux (ubuntu) connected by a
LAN.
If I start the server on a computer, my cliente can't find the name
published by the server and crashes.
What should I do make this work?
I believe that my application is correct, so I think I need to install some
other service to make MPI see the other computer.
[]s

Heitor