Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Want to use MPI using TCP/IP
From: Brock Palen (brockp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-24 09:06:32

install OpenMPI on both systems. Make sure they are in the same
locations.
Set up ssh so that it does not require a password between the two
systems. MPI will use this to setup the communication.

Use the wrapper calls to compile,
mpicc -o ring_c ring_c.c

Use 'mpirun' to start the job, mpirun --help will give details of its
usage.
mpirun -H machine1,machine2 -np 2 ./ring_c

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp_at_[hidden]