Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Hybrid program
From: Edgar Gabriel (gabriel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-20 09:54:28

I would guess that you can, if the library is installed, and as far as I
know it is part of most recent Linux distributions...

Thanks
Edgar

Gabriele Fatigati wrote:
> Thanks Edgar,
> but can i use these libraries also in a not NUMA machines?
>
> 2008/11/20 Edgar Gabriel <gabriel_at_[hidden]>:
>> if you look at recent versions of libnuma, there are two functions called
>> numa_run_on_node() and numa_run_on_node_mask(), which allow thread-based
>> assignments to CPUs....
>>
>> Thanks
>> Edgar
>>
>> Gabriele Fatigati wrote:
>>> Is there a way to assign one thread to one core? Also from code, not
>>> necessary with OpenMPI option.
>>>
>>> Thanks.

Edgar Gabriel
Assistant Professor
Parallel Software Technologies Lab      http://pstl.cs.uh.edu
Department of Computer Science          University of Houston
Philip G. Hoffman Hall, Room 524        Houston, TX-77204, USA
Tel: +1 (713) 743-3857                  Fax: +1 (713) 743-3335