Subject: Re: [OMPI users] switch between ethernet and infiniband
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-20 09:02:56

"btl" = bit transport layer

Yes, you can do so (assuming you configured/built support for both
transports into OMPI), but you probably don't want to specify things
that tightly. Usually, people do:

-mca btl tcp,sm,self

or

-mca btl openib,sm,self

This also selects the shared memory subsystem that provides
performance for processes that share nodes, and a "self" module that
supports simplified loopback calls when the code winds up sending
something back to the calling process.