Subject: Re: [OMPI users] /dev/shm
From: Ray Muno (muno_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-19 14:17:56

Ralph Castain wrote:
> Hi Ray
>
> Are the jobs that leave files behind terminating normally or aborting?
> Are there any warnings/error messages out of mpirun?
>
> Just trying to determine if this is an abnormal termination issue or a
> bug in OMPI itself.
>
> Ralph

As far as I know, they are from jobs that are terminating normally. I
have had no notice from users of errors. We are still trying to get a
handle on this.

With 30 users and 280+ nodes, it is something we have not tracked down
completely. We are just seeing the after effects of the stale files
getting left behind. At some point, new jobs do not launch.

--
  Ray Muno