Subject: Re: [OMPI users] /dev/shm
From: Ray Muno (muno_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-19 14:17:56

Ralph Castain wrote:
> Hi Ray
> Are the jobs that leave files behind terminating normally or aborting?
> Are there any warnings/error messages out of mpirun?
> Just trying to determine if this is an abnormal termination issue or a
> bug in OMPI itself.
> Ralph

As far as I know, they are from jobs that are terminating normally. I
have had no notice from users of errors. We are still trying to get a
handle on this.

With 30 users and 280+ nodes, it is something we have not tracked down
completely. We are just seeing the after effects of the stale files
getting left behind. At some point, new jobs do not launch.

  Ray Muno