Subject: Re: [OMPI users] /dev/shm
From: Ray Muno (muno_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-19 10:05:19

Thought I would revisit this one.

We are still having issues with this. It is not clear to me what is
leaving the user files behind in /dev/shm.

This is not something users are doing directly, they are just compiling
their code directly with mpif90 (from OpenMPI), using various compilers.
Compilers in use are PGI, Intel, SunStudio and Pathscale.

It looks like every job run leaves something behind in /dev/shm and it
slowly fills up. We are just clearing these out at this point.

--
  Ray Muno
  University of Minnesota