Subject: [OMPI users] how to get openMPI working, someone help me.
From: Venu Gopal (venudxb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-18 08:06:47

Hello,

I am new into this mailing list, and am trying to install openMPI on Ubuntu
8.0.4.1

Basically my idea is to build a beowulf. Well right now i even dont have
lots of PC's for this purpose.

So I am planning to first use virtual machines on VmWare. I have installed
around four Virtual machines on my PC. And all of them can talk to each
other. I mean they are all networked together without any firewalls in
between.

I downloaded openmpi-1.2.8.tar.gz, extracted it and executed the configure
script file.

This gave me lots of errors, and didnt suceed. How do I get this working
now.

Any one please help me.

I am fairly good in using Linux but have no idea about openMPI.
I know C and C++ pretty well. And planning to learn using MPI.

Regards

Venu Gopal