Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi-1.2.8 and cygwin...
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-18 04:45:58

Dear Solibakke,

I'm not familiar with the installation under Cygwin, but what I can tell
is that we are making a windows support public very soon. When it's
ready, you will never need to install Open MPI under Cygwin on Windows,
you will be able to configure with CMake and compile everything with
Visual Studio (2005/2008/Express), or you could also install Open MPI
with a binary installer without compiling any source code.

I suggest you to use Open MPI trunk when the Windows support (with
CMake) is ready. I'm also glad to help you with that.

Regards,
Shiqing