Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Tight integration and interactive sessions with SGE
From: Scott Beardsley (scott_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-12 23:41:43

Reuti wrote:
> qlogin will create a completely fresh bash, which is not aware of
> running under SGE. Although you could set the SGE_* variables by hand,
> it's easier to use an interactive session with:

In the past we'd source some sge script and SLOTS, TMPDIR, etc were
populated.

> $ qrsh -pe orte 4 /path/to/binary
>
> If you really need a shell, you can get one with:
>
> $ qrsh -pe orte 4 bash -il

That breaks my shell (erase, history, tab-completion) but it seems to
work other than that. Any suggestions on getting a unique list of nodes
without touching them N times (N=# of slots assigned)? I guess I could
do "mpirun uname -n|sort -u" but that just seems, well, wrong.

In any case, thanks for the tips!
Scott