Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Tight integration and interactive sessions with SGE
From: Reuti (reuti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-12 22:55:27

Scott,

Am 13.11.2008 um 01:34 schrieb Scott Beardsley:

> I've been using OMPI 1.2.6 tightly integrated with Grid Engine for
> a bit now and it works great. However, I'm running into a problem
> running jobs from an interactive session (qlogin). I tried just
> doing "mpirun -np N /path/to/binary" where N > # of cpus per node
> but OMPI will just oversubscribe the node.

qlogin will create a completely fresh bash, which is not aware of
running under SGE. Although you could set the SGE_* variables by
hand, it's easier to use an interactive session with:

$ qrsh -pe orte 4 /path/to/binary

If you really need a shell, you can get one with:

$ qrsh -pe orte 4 bash -il

-- Reuti