Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_Type_create_darray causes MPI_File_set_view to crash when ndims=2, array_of_gsizes[0]>array_of_gsizes[1]
From: Antonio Molins (amolins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-12 17:55:36

Hi Rob,

I think I could trim it down to a small test case, but this should be
reproducible with the conditions given. I find it unlikely that it is
a ROMIO bug, because when I construct the datatype by myself, it goes
smooth as silk.

Thanks for the reply,

On Nov 12, 2008, at 5:51 PM, Robert Latham wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 11:19:39AM -0400, Antonio Molins wrote:
>> Hi again,
>>
>> The problem in a nutshell: it looks like, when I use
>> MPI_Type_create_darray with an argument array_of_gsizes where
>> array_of_gsizes[0]>array_of_gsizes[1], the datatype returned goes
>> through MPI_Type_commit() just fine, but then it causes
>> MPI_File_set_view to crash!! Any idea as to why this is happening?
>
> Hi. It sounds like from your description (and confirmed in your
> backtrace) that this is a ROMIO bug.
>
> Do you happen to have a small test case for this crash?
>
> Thanks
> ==rob
>
> --
> Rob Latham
> Mathematics and Computer Science Division A215 0178 EA2D B059 8CDF
> Argonne National Lab, IL USA B29D F333 664A 4280 315B

Antonio Molins, PhD Candidate
Medical Engineering and Medical Physics
Harvard - MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology

--
"Y así del poco dormir y del mucho leer,
se le secó el cerebro de manera que vino