Subject: Re: [OMPI users] ADIOI_GEN_DELETE
From: Robert Latham (robl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-12 17:41:23

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 12:41:45AM -0200, Davi Vercillo C. Garcia (ダヴィ) wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to run a code using OpenMPI and I'm getting this error:
> ADIOI_GEN_DELETE (line 22): **io No such file or directory
> I don't know why this occurs, I only know this happens when I use more
> than one process.

Hey, sorry, I don't check in here very often, but I'm the "ROMIO guy"
around these parts. This is a harmless warning message.

You see this with more than one process because one process "won" and
deleted the file, and the other N-1 processes then try to delete a
file that doesn't exist.

If you ignore errors from MPI_File_delete, then you won't see this
error :>

MPI_FILE_DELETE is not a collective operation, so you can also just call
this from one process.

Rob Latham