Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Trouble with OpenMPI and Intel 10.1 compilers
From: Ray Muno (muno_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-11 14:20:08

Gus Correa wrote:
> Hi Ray and list
>
> I have Intel ifort 10.1.017 on a Rocks 4.3 cluster.
> The OpenMPI compiler wrappers (i.e. "opal_wrapper") work fine,
> and find the shared libraries (Intel or other) without a problem.
>
> My guess is that this is not an OpenMPI problem, but an Intel compiler
> environment glitch.
> I wonder if your .profile/.tcshrc/.bashrc files initialize the Intel
> compiler environment properly.
> I.e., "source /share/apps/intel/fce/10.1.018/bin/ifortvars.csh" or
> similar, to get the right
> Intel environment variables inserted on
> PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, MANPATH. and INTEL_LICENSE_FILE.
>
> Not doing this caused trouble for me in the past.
> Double or inconsistent assignment of LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH
> (say on the ifortvars.csh and on the user login files) also caused
> conflicts.
>
> I am not sure if this needs to be done before you configure and install
> OpenMPI,
> but doing it after you build OpenMPI may still be OK.
>
> I hope this helps,
> Gus Correa

That does help. I confirmed that what I added needs to be in the
environment (LD_LIBRARY_PATH). Must have missed that in the docs. I
have now added the appropriate variables to our modules environment.

Seems strange that OpenMPI built without these being set at all. I could
also compile test codes with the compilers, just not with mpicc and mpif90.

-Ray Muno