Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Trouble with OpenMPI and Intel 10.1 compilers
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-11 14:08:50

Hi Ray and list

I have Intel ifort 10.1.017 on a Rocks 4.3 cluster.
The OpenMPI compiler wrappers (i.e. "opal_wrapper") work fine,
and find the shared libraries (Intel or other) without a problem.

My guess is that this is not an OpenMPI problem, but an Intel compiler
environment glitch.
I wonder if your .profile/.tcshrc/.bashrc files initialize the Intel
compiler environment properly.
I.e., "source /share/apps/intel/fce/10.1.018/bin/ifortvars.csh" or
similar, to get the right
Intel environment variables inserted on
PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, MANPATH. and INTEL_LICENSE_FILE.

Not doing this caused trouble for me in the past.
Double or inconsistent assignment of LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH
(say on the ifortvars.csh and on the user login files) also caused
conflicts.

I am not sure if this needs to be done before you configure and install
OpenMPI,
but doing it after you build OpenMPI may still be OK.

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa

Gustavo J. Ponce Correa, PhD - Email: gus_at_[hidden]
P.O. Box 1000 [61 Route 9W] - Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA