Subject: Re: [OMPI users] dual cores --> timing + /usr/bin/time
From: Raymond Wan (rwan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-11 00:57:08

Hi Fabian,

On a separate topic, but related to your post here, how did you do the
timing? [Especially to so many digits of accuracy. :-) ]

I will have to time my program and I don't think /usr/bin/time would do
it. Are the numbers it report accurate [for an MPI program]? I think
the "user time" would be inaccurate since I need to get the user time of
all the processes...but the "real time" of the main process should be ok?

Ray