Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Compiling on different servers
From: Robert Kubrick (robertkubrick_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-06 22:33:08

Thanks.
Moving one step foreword, server 1, my compile server, has a number
of commercial C++ compilers (Pathscale and Intel). I'd like to
compile different version of the binary with each compiler and then
run these binaries on the Server 2 g++-compiled OMPI environments.
The FAQ says "not really, you can't do that": http://www.open-mpi.org/
faq/?category=sysadmin#multiple-installs, but I thought it might be
time for an update with some hands-on experience?