Open MPI logo

Open MPI User's Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Open MPI User's mailing list

Subject: Re: [OMPI users] ompi 1.3 make distclean broken ?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-05 16:00:23


You are absolutely correct; looks like a typo in orte/util/
Makefile.am. Thanks for reporting this!

I fixed it on the trunk in r19936 and have filed a CMR to get it over
to the v1.3 branch.

On Nov 5, 2008, at 8:54 AM, Mehdi Bozzo-Rey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like make distclean will remove the following file:
> orte_hosts.7 and prevent a configure, new make ; make install.
> I tried the pre-release versions (openmpi-1.3b1,b2) and one nightly
> tarball (openmpi-1.3b2r19907):
>
>
> For openmpi-1.3b2:
>
> Step 1 :
> ./configure --prefix=/tmp/openmpi-1.3b2 ; make ; make install
>
> Step 2:
> Make distclean
>
> Step 1 again will fail:
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> test -z "/tmp/openmpi-1.3b2/share/openmpi" || /bin/mkdir -p "/tmp/
> openmpi-1.3b2/share/openmpi"
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'runtime/help-orte-runtime.txt' '/tmp/
> openmpi-1.3b2/share/openmpi/help-orte-runtime.txt'
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'util/hostfile/help-hostfile.txt' '/tmp/
> openmpi-1.3b2/share/openmpi/help-hostfile.txt'
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'util/dash_host/help-dash-host.txt' '/
> tmp/openmpi-1.3b2/share/openmpi/help-dash-host.txt'
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'orted/help-orted.txt' '/tmp/
> openmpi-1.3b2/share/openmpi/help-orted.txt'
> test -z "/tmp/openmpi-1.3b2/share/man/man7" || /bin/mkdir -p "/tmp/
> openmpi-1.3b2/share/man/man7"
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'util/hostfile/orte_hosts.7' '/tmp/
> openmpi-1.3b2/share/man/man7/orte_hosts.7'
> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `util/hostfile/orte_hosts.7': No such
> file or directory
> make[3]: *** [install-man7] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/mbozzore/compile_temp/ompi/
> openmpi-1.3b2/orte'
> make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mbozzore/compile_temp/ompi/
> openmpi-1.3b2/orte'
> make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mbozzore/compile_temp/ompi/
> openmpi-1.3b2/orte'
> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
> [mbozzore_at_mel1 openmpi-1.3b2]$
>
>
>
> For openmpi-1.3b2r19907:
>
> Step 1:
> ./configure --prefix=/tmp/openmpi-1.3b2r19907 ; make ; make install
>
> Step 2:
> Make distclean
>
> Step 1 again will fail:
>
> test -z "/tmp/openmpi-1.3b2r19907/share/openmpi" || /bin/mkdir -p "/
> tmp/openmpi-1.3b2r19907/share/openmpi"
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'runtime/help-orte-runtime.txt' '/tmp/
> openmpi-1.3b2r19907/share/openmpi/help-orte-runtime.txt'
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'util/hostfile/help-hostfile.txt' '/tmp/
> openmpi-1.3b2r19907/share/openmpi/help-hostfile.txt'
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'util/dash_host/help-dash-host.txt' '/
> tmp/openmpi-1.3b2r19907/share/openmpi/help-dash-host.txt'
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'orted/help-orted.txt' '/tmp/
> openmpi-1.3b2r19907/share/openmpi/help-orted.txt'
> test -z "/tmp/openmpi-1.3b2r19907/share/man/man7" || /bin/mkdir -p "/
> tmp/openmpi-1.3b2r19907/share/man/man7"
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'util/hostfile/orte_hosts.7' '/tmp/
> openmpi-1.3b2r19907/share/man/man7/orte_hosts.7'
> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `util/hostfile/orte_hosts.7': No such
> file or directory
> make[3]: *** [install-man7] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/mbozzore/compile_temp/ompi/
> openmpi-1.3b2r19907/orte'
> make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mbozzore/compile_temp/ompi/
> openmpi-1.3b2r19907/orte'
> make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mbozzore/compile_temp/ompi/
> openmpi-1.3b2r19907/orte'
> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
>
>
> Mehdi
>
> Mehdi Bozzo-Rey
> HPC Solution Developer
> Platform OCS5
> Platform computing
> Phone: +1 905 948 4649
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users_at_[hidden]
> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users

-- 
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems