Subject: [OMPI users] question regarding the configuration of multiple nics for openmpi
From: Olivier Marsden (Olivier.Marsden_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-04 05:18:32

Hello,
I am configuring a cluster with multiple nics for use with open mpi.
I have not found very much information on the best way of setting up
my network for open mpi. At the moment I have a pretty standard setup
with a single hostname and single ip address for each node.
Could someone advise me on the following points?
- for each node, should I have the second ip on the same subnet as the
first, or not ?
- does openmpi need separate hostnames for each ip?
If there is a webpage describing how to configure such a network for the
best, that
would be great.

Many thanks,

Olivier Marsden