Subject: [OMPI users] MPI + Mixed language coding(Fortran90 + C++)
From: Rajesh Ramaya (rajesh.ramaya_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-31 11:57:34

Hello MPI Users,

    I am completely new to MPI. I have a basic question concerning MPI and
mixed language coding. I hope any of you could help me out. Is it possible
to access FORTRAN common blocks in C++ in a MPI compiled code. It works
without MPI but as soon I switch to MPI the access of common block does not
work anymore.

I have a Linux MPI executable which loads a shared library at runtime and
resolves all undefined symbols etc The shared library is written in C++ and
the MPI executable in written in FORTRAN. Some of the input that the shared
library looking for are in the Fortran common blocks. As I access those
common blocks during runtime the values are not initialized. I would like
to know if what I am doing is possible ?I hope that my problem is
clear......

  Your valuable suggestions are welcome !!!

Thank you,

Rajesh