Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Equivalent .h files
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-31 06:51:01

The Open MPI that ships with Leopard does not include Fortran support
because OS X does not ship with a Fortran compiler (this was Apple's
decision, not ours). If you have Fortran MPI applications, you'll
need to a) download and install your own Fortran compiler (e.g., http://hpc.sf.net/)
, and b) install your own copy Open MPI that includes Fortran support
(e.g., install it to /opt/openmpi or somesuch -- I do not recommend
installing it over the system-installed Open MPI).

Once you do this, mpif90 should work as expected, and statements like
"use mpi" or "include "mpifh."" should function properly.

On Oct 31, 2008, at 5:48 AM, Benjamin Lamptey wrote:

> Hello again,
> I have to be more specific with my problem.
>
> 1) I am using the Mac OS X (Leopard) operating system.
> When I do uname -a, I get Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0
>
> 2) My code if fortran 90
>
> 3) I tried using the mpif90 wrapper and I got the following message
>
> xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> mpif90 -c -O3 /Users/lamptey/projectb/src/blag_real_burnmpi.f90
> Unfortunately, this installation of Open MPI was not compiled with
> Fortran 90 support. As such, the mpif90 compiler is non-functional.

> make: *** [blag_real_burnmpi.o] Error 1
> xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> 4) I have the g95 compiler installed. So when I try using the
> g95, (with include "mpif.h" or 'mpif.h'), I get the following mesage:
>
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> g95 -fno-pic -c -O3 /Users/lamptey/projectb/src/
> blag_real_burnmpi.f90
> Error: Can't open included file 'mpif.h'
> make: *** [blag_real_burnmpi.o] Error 1
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> 5) What are people's experience in this case?
>
> Thanks
> Ben
>
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Benjamin Lamptey
> <bllamptey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new at using open-mpi and will like to know something basic.
>
> What is the equivalent of the "mpif.h" in open-mpi which is normally
> "included" at
> the beginning of mpi codes (fortran in this case).
>
> I shall appreciate that for cpp as well.
>
> Thanks
> Ben

Cisco Systems