Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Openmpi ver1.3beta1
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-31 04:41:59

When you typed the --host x1 command, were you sitting on x1?
Likewise, when you typed the --host x2 command, were you not on host x2?

If the answer to both questions is "yes", then my guess is that
something is preventing you from launching a daemon on host x2. Try
adding --leave-session-attached to your cmd line and see if any error
messages appear. And check the FAQ for tips on how to setup for ssh
launch (I'm assuming that is what you are using).

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=rsh

Ralph