Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Fwd: Problems installing in Cygwin
From: Gustavo Seabra (gustavo.seabra_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-28 09:44:34

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 9:06 AM, George Bosilca wrote:
> It is complaining about a missing file. This is a file from the Open MPI
> distribution, I wonder how it can be missing. Can you verify that the file
> opal/mca/timer/windows/timer_windows_component.h is there ?

No, it's not. But I see a
opal/mca/timer/windows/timer_windows_component.c and a timer_windows.h
there. Should it have been generated at some point in the compilation?
The contents of that directory are only:

$ ls $HOME/local/openmpi-1.2.7/opal/mca/timer/windows/
Makefile Makefile.am Makefile.in configure.m4 timer_windows.h
timer_windows_component.c

I don't know how relevant it is, but I downloaded the
"openmpi-1.2.7.tar.bz2" file (MD5SUM
b5ae3059fba71eba4a89a2923da8223f). Also, I'm trying to make a local
install, in $HOME/local/openmpi-1.2.7. Finally, as I may have
mentioned before, this installation is in Cygwin but, as far as I
understand, it shouldn't matter much since Cygwin these days can
reproduce a POSIX environment very well. Also, I don't quite
understand why is it looking for what it seems (to me) to be
windows-based function, since it is in a POSIX environment.

Thank you very much. Please let me know if there is any other
information I can provide to help track this.

All the best,

--
Gustavo Seabra
Postdoctoral Associate