Subject: Re: [OMPI users] ADIOI_GEN_DELETE
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-27 17:49:56

After a little digging, I am able to run your code (it looks like it
expects both an input file and an output file on the command line, or
it segv's). But I don't get those errors, either with OMPI v1.2.8 or
the upcoming v1.3 series; I ran with as many as 16 processes across 4
nodes.

Can you narrow the problem down a bit more? You still didn't provide
too many details about the problem. :-)

On Oct 27, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Davi Vercillo C. Garcia (ダヴィ) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>> I can't seem to run your code, either. Can you provide a more
>> precise
>> description of what exactly is happening? It's quite possible /
>> probable
>> that Rob's old post is the answer, but I can't tell from your
>> original post
>> -- there just aren't enough details.
>
> When I execute this code with more than once process (-n > 1), this
> error message appear. My code is a distributed compressor, that the
> compress task is distributed. A single process reads a block from a
> file, compress it and writes a compressed block to a file.
>
>> On Oct 27, 2008, at 3:26 AM, jody wrote:
>>> Perhaps this post in the Open-MPI archives can help:
>>> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2008/01/4898.php
>
> I already saw this post before, but this didn't help me. I'm not using
> MPI_File_delete in my code.
>
> --
> Davi Vercillo Carneiro Garcia
> http://davivercillo.blogspot.com/
>
> Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
> Departamento de Ciência da Computação
> DCC-IM/UFRJ - http://www.dcc.ufrj.br
>
> Grupo de Usuários GNU/Linux da UFRJ (GUL-UFRJ)
> http://www.dcc.ufrj.br/~gul
>
> Linux User: #388711
> http://counter.li.org/
>
> "Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is
> when something works, but you don't know why.
> Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't
> know why." - Anon

Cisco Systems