Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI runtime-specific environment variable?
From: Adams, Brian M (briadam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-24 19:01:50

Just closing the loop on this thread -- again thanks for all the good discussion. Ralph's comment here is exactly right. On some platforms, e.g., AIX/Poe/IBM MPI, we've historically been bitten as it's not safe to call MPI_Init when not running inside a job submitted to the queue and running in an MPI environment. I realize it's our (perhaps stubborn) choice to distribute MPI-linked binaries that have to work correctly in both serial (not just mpirun -np 1) and MPI-parallel mdoes, and that complicates things.

Brian