Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI runtime-specific environment variable?
From: Adams, Brian M (briadam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-21 16:33:18

Sorry Ralph, I caused some confusion here. You are correct that OMPI does nothing to muck with any arguments passed to the user application -- they come through as expected.

I meant that when launching a binary with MPICH mpirun, it would _append_ to the command line arguments things including
-p4pg and -p4wd, possibly -p4amslave, which we could detect at run-time in the app context to determine that the app had indeed been launched with mpirun.

Brian