Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Question about openmpi and msc nastran
From: Pedro G (sanfermines_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-20 08:17:58

On 10/20/08, Reuti <reuti_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 20.10.2008 um 12:18 schrieb Pedro G:
>
> I would like to know if Msc Nastran supports openmpi.
>>
>> I have been searching in google about Nastran and Openmpi but I couldn't
>> find if it works or not.
>>
>> Now I'm using lam/mpi for nastran parallel jobs, but I have some problems
>> with lam, nastran and sge, so I'd like to upgrade to openmpi.
>>

> do you have the source code of the application? If you have only the binary
> compiled for LAM, then you can't do anything to change. You checked the
> LAM/MPI Howto at the SGE website?

No, I don't have the source code, the application seems to be able to work
with openmpi since it has an option openmpi=yes in the command line, but I
couldn't make it to work. Anyway, I think it is not fully supported yet
since there is nothing about that option in the user manual

About LAM/MPI I have already read the howto and did a tight integration. The
problem is that Msc Nastran in parallel jobs start a new lam environment
getting out of control of sge.

I contacted with Nastran and they told that was a LAM/MPI or SGE problem.

-- Reuti