Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Debian MPI -- mpirun missing
From: Raymond Wan (rwan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-17 20:57:42

Hi all,

Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> On 18 October 2008 at 03:30, Terry Frankcombe wrote:
> |
> | But again, this is a discussion for the Debian list.
>
> In particularly for the 'package Open MPI maintainers' list at

> so if you want to continue this discussion, please take there.

Thanks a lot, Dirk; I'll take my Debian problems over to that list
then! I didn't realize that this had to be a Debian-specific problem; I
know so little, I was even open to a response like, "No, there is no
mpirun anymore".

Of course, if mpirun is just an alias to orterun, then I will just do
that (use orterun instead). The system administrator of one of the
machines I'll use prefers to stick to Debian packages, despite their
age, so unless I can find a good reason (serious security flaw), I guess
doing this is far easier (politically) than installing from source.

Thank you all for your help!

Ray