Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OPENMPI 1.2.7 & PGI compilers: configure option --disable-ptmalloc2-opt-sbrk
From: Francesco Iannone (francesco.iannone_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-15 09:35:09

Hello Jeff

First of all About your replay:
³ I'm surprised that we have not yet put this info in our FAQ -- I'll
make a note to do so... ³

I sent support at Mailing list on date: 2008-08-21 12:43:40

Subject: [OMPI users] Memory allocation with PGI compiler

About ptmalloc:

I have a cluster of 16 nodes DualCPU DualCore AMD RAM 16 GB with InfiniBand
CISCO HCA and switch InfiniBand.
It uses Linux RH Enterprise 4 64 bit , OpenMPI 1.2.7, PGI 7.1-4 and
openib-1.2-7.

Hence it means that the option ‹disable-ptmalloc2 is catastrophic in the
above configuration.

Can you help me about this issue in memory allocation in Openmpi 1.2.7 and
PGI. I tested also with PGI 7.2 with same effects.

Thans in advance