The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic,
and industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI
version 1.2.8. This release is mainly a bug fix release over the v1.2.7
release, but there are few new features. We strongly recommend
that all users upgrade to version 1.2.8 if possible.
Version 1.2.8 can be downloaded from the main Open MPI web site or
any of its mirrors (mirrors will be updating shortly).
Here is a list of changes in v1.2.8 as compared to v1.2.7:
- Tweaked one memory barrier in the openib component to be more conservative.
May fix a problem observed on PPC machines. See ticket #1532.
- Fix OpenFabrics IB partition support. See ticket #1557.
- Restore v1.1 feature that sourced .profile on remote nodes if the default
shell will not do so (e.g. /bin/sh and /bin/ksh). See ticket #1560.
- Fix segfault in MPI_Init_thread() if ompi_mpi_init() fails. See ticket #1562.
- Adjust SLURM support to first look for $SLURM_JOB_CPUS_PER_NODE instead of
the deprecated $SLURM_TASKS_PER_NODE environment variable. This change
may be *required* when using SLURM v1.2 and above. See ticket #1536.
- Fix the MPIR_Proctable to be in process rank order. See ticket #1529.
- Fix a regression introduced in 1.2.6 for the IBM eHCA. See ticket #1526.
Tim Mattox, Ph.D.
Open Systems Lab