Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Passing LD_LIBRARY_PATH to orted
From: Craig Tierney (Craig.Tierney_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-14 14:56:09

George Bosilca wrote:
> The option to expand the remote LD_LIBRARY_PATH, in such a way that Open
> MPI related applications have their dependencies satisfied, is in the
> trunk. The fact that the compiler requires some LD_LIBRARY_PATH is out
> of the scope of an MPI implementation, and I don't think we should take
> care of it.
>
> Passing the local LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the remote nodes doesn't make much
> sense. There are plenty of environment, where the head node have a
> different configuration than the compute nodes. Again, in this case my
> original solution seems not that bad. If you copy (or make a link if you
> prefer) in the Open MPI lib directory to the compiler shared libraries,
> this will work.
>
> george.

This does work. It just increases maintenance for each new version
of OpenMPI. How often does a head node have a different configuration
than the compute node? It would see that this would even more support the
passing of LD_LIBRARY_PATH for OpenMPI tools to support a heterogeneous
configuration as you described.

Thanks,
Craig