Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Passing LD_LIBRARY_PATH to orted
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-14 13:56:18

The option to expand the remote LD_LIBRARY_PATH, in such a way that
Open MPI related applications have their dependencies satisfied, is in
the trunk. The fact that the compiler requires some LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
out of the scope of an MPI implementation, and I don't think we should
take care of it.

Passing the local LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the remote nodes doesn't make
much sense. There are plenty of environment, where the head node have
a different configuration than the compute nodes. Again, in this case
my original solution seems not that bad. If you copy (or make a link
if you prefer) in the Open MPI lib directory to the compiler shared
libraries, this will work.

   george.