Subject: Re: [OMPI users] where is opal_install_dirs?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-11 08:05:41

Was OMPI configured and built with the PGI f90 compilers? Is there a
chance that you have multiple MPI implementations installed, and
you're accidentally using the "wrong" mpif90?

opal_install_dirs is a symbol that should be found in libopen-pal.
For lack of a longer explanation, it's simply one of the internal data
structures in OMPI.

On Oct 10, 2008, at 12:22 PM, SLIM H.A. wrote:

> I tried building Global Arrays with OpenMPI 1.2.3 and the portland
> compilers 7.0.2. It gives an error message about an undefined symbol
> "opal_install_dirs":
>
> mpif90 -O -i8 -c -o dgetf2.o dgetf2.f
> mpif90: symbol lookup error: mpif90: undefined symbol:
> opal_install_dirs
> make[1]: *** [dgetf2.o] Error 127
>
> Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? If I use pgf90
> instead of the mpi wrapper the error does not occur, so something is
> missing there.
>
> Thanks
>
> Henk

Cisco Systems