Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Performance: MPICH2 vs OpenMPI
From: Samuel Sarholz (sarholz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-08 09:47:49

Hi,

my experience is that OpenMPI has slightly less latency and less
bandwidth than Intel MPI (which is based on mpich2) using InfiniBand.
I don't remember the numbers using shared memory.

As you are seeing a huge difference, I would suspect that either
something with your compilation is strange or more probable that you hit
the cc-numa effect of the Opteron.
You might want to bind the MPI processes (and even clean the filesystem
caches) to avoid that effect.

best regards,
Samuel