Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem launching onto Bourne shell
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-07 12:07:26

Ralph and I just talked about this a bit:

1. In all released versions of OMPI, we *do* source the .profile file
on the target node if it exists (because vanilla Bourne shells do not
source anything on remote nodes -- Bash does, though, per the FAQ).
However, looking in 1.2.7, it looks like it might not be executing
that code -- there *may* be a bug in this area. We're checking into it.

2. You might want to check your configuration to see if your .bashrc
is dumping out early because it's a non-interactive shell. Check the
output of:

ssh othernode env
vs.
ssh othernode
env

(i.e., a non-interactive running of "env" vs. an interactive login and
running "env")

Cisco Systems