Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem with MPI_Send and MPI_Recv
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-30 15:11:27

On Sep 30, 2008, at 12:02 PM, Sofia Aparicio Secanellas wrote:

>> 1. From prior mails, you do not seem to have iptables running to
>> block any ports -- is there any other port blocking software
>> running, perchance?
>
> I do not think so. What can I do to be sure that I do not have any
> other port blocking software running?

Test that random TCP ports can connect to each other. Perhaps
something like this on computer 1:

computer1$ nc -lp 123456

Then on your other computer:

computer2$ telnet computer1 123456

If the "telnet" connects, then you should be able to type anything and
have it appear on computer1 (where nc) is running. Hit Ctrl-C in the
window where "nc" is running to kill the connection.

If this works, then you likely do not have port blocking software
running.

> How can I do to attach the MPI processes with a debugger?
> I have used before:
> dbx - PID
> where
> It seems that the results that I have obtained were not very helpful.

Ah yes, sorry, this thread has been so long that I missed that. I see
the stack traces, and like Terry said, it shows that the sends and
receives are pending, but not *why*. Well, let's see the results of
the "nc" test from above before deciding how to move onward...

Cisco Systems