Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI portability problems: debug info isn't helpful
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-29 19:57:35

On Sep 29, 2008, at 1:28 PM, Aleksej Saushev wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to build OpenMPI on NetBSD 4.99.72,
> I'm getting next message either when I'm building in debug mode
> or without it:
>
> [asau.local:27880] [NO-NAME] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file
> runtime/orte_init_stage1.c at line 182
> It looks like orte_init failed for some reason; your parallel
> process is

This is a very strange error; if this error message is from v1.2.7,
then it means that the "rml" framework failed to select a component
properly. That should not happen, because there is a single rml
component that should always be available for selection (oob).

Can you send all the information listed here:

     http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

I will say that it's unlikely that anyone has tested on NetBSD; so
there might be some kind of glitch that has not yet been diagnosed.

> I tried building the same OpenMPI 1.2.7 on test FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE
> (snapshot date unknown) system. Except for passing explicit value
> of NM=/usr/bin/nm (configure doesn't detect it, why? It should
> find _BSD_ nm there), nothing has changed. Test application starts
> fine there.

FWIW, I don't know why it doesn't find the BSD nm. We use stock
Autoconf/etc.

Cisco Systems