Subject: Re: [OMPI users] qsub - mpirun problem
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-29 11:48:11

We need to see that command line from *inside a Torque* job. That's
the only place where those PBS_* environment variables will exists --
OMPI's mpirun should be seeing these environment variables (when
inside a Torque job) and then reacting to them by using the Torque
native launcher, etc.

Just to be sure: you are launching OMPI's "mpirun" inside your Torque
job, correct?

On Sep 29, 2008, at 11:41 AM, Zhiliang Hu wrote:

> At 11:29 AM 9/29/2008 -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>> On Sep 28, 2008, at 10:07 PM, Zhiliang Hu wrote:
>>
>>> Indeed as you expected, "printenv | grep PBS" produced nothing.
>>
>> Are you *sure*? I find it very hard to believe that if you run that
>> command ***in a Torque job*** that you will get no output. Torque
>> would have to be *seriously* misbehaving for that to occur.
>>
>> --
>> Jeff Squyres
>> Cisco Systems
>
> That's a command line without a torque job.
>
> Zhiliang

Cisco Systems