Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Configure and Build ok, but mpi module not recognized?
From: Brian Harker (brian.harker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-22 18:48:15

I humbly bow before my MPI masters! Thank you guys!

make clean && make all install seemed to fix it. The example code
compiles and runs fine...but...

when I compile my production code, I get:

fortcom: Error: driver.f90: line 211: There is no matching specific
subroutine for this generic subroutine call. [MPI_SEND]

Seems odd that it would spit up on MPI_SEND, but has no problem with
MPI_RECV... What do you guys think? And thanks again for your help
and patience?

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Doug Reeder <dlr_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> I think that unless make all depends on make clean and make clean depends on
> Makefile, you have to manually run make clean and/or manually delete the
> module files.
>
> Doug Reeder
> On Sep 22, 2008, at 3:16 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>
>> On Sep 22, 2008, at 6:08 PM, Brian Harker wrote:
>>
>>> Here's the config.log file...now that I look through it more
>>> carefully, I see some errors that I didn't see when watching
>>> ./configure scroll by...still don't know what to do though. :(
>>
>> Not to worry; there are many tests in configure that are designed to fail.
>> So it's not a problem to see lots of failures in config.log.
>>
>> I see that it did use ifort for both the F77 and F90 compilers; that's
>> what I wanted to check with configure output and config.log.
>>
>> Per Doug's comment, if OMPI is not re-compiling the Fortran module when
>> you reconfigure with a new fortran compiler, that is likely a bug. Can you
>> "make clean all install" and see if it works? If not, send all the output
>> here (see http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/ for instructions; please
>> compress).
>>
>> --
>> Jeff Squyres
>> Cisco Systems

Cheers,
Brian
brian.harker_at_[hidden]
"In science, there is only physics; all the rest is stamp-collecting."
 -Ernest Rutherford