Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Configure and Build ok, but mpi module not recognized?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-22 10:58:21

On Sep 22, 2008, at 10:10 AM, Brian Harker wrote:

> Thanks for the reply...crap, $HOME/openmpi/lib does contains all the
> various lilbmpi* files as well as mpi.mod,

That should be correct.

> but still get the same
> error at compile-time. Yes, I made sure to specifically build openMPI
> with ifort 10.1.012, and did run the --showme command right after
> installation to make sure the wrapper compiler was using ifort as
> well.

Ok, good.

> Before posting to this mailing list, I did uninstall and re-install
> openMPI several times to make sure I had a clean install. Still no
> luck. :(

Ok. Have you checked around your machine to ensure that there is no
other mpi.mod that the compiler is finding first? E.g., in your
MPICH2 installation? Or is Open MPI installed by your distro,
perchance? You might want to try a "rpm -qa | grep openmpi" (or
whatever your distro's equivalent is to check already-installed
packages).

Cisco Systems