Subject: [OMPI users] Configure and Build ok, but mpi module not recognized?
From: Brian Harker (brian.harker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-19 18:51:26

Hi all-

New openMPI user here with a question that I cannot find any
information on the tubes for:

I have configured openMPI to work with the Intel C (icc) and C++
(icpc) compilers, as well as the Intel fortran (ifort) compiler, and
built all the single choice buffer fortran 90 bindings:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/openmpi CC=icc CXX=icpc F77=ifort FC=ifort
--enable-mpi-f90 --with-mpi-f90-size=medium

which works fine. Ok. Onto make all install. Works fine too. Now
when I try to compile the example hello_f90.f90 program, I get the
following error:

> $HOME/openmpi/bin/mpif90 hello_f90.f90 -I$HOME/openmpi/include

fortcom: Error: hello_f90.f90, line 12: This module file was not
generated by any release of this compiler. [MPI]
    use mpi

Any gurus out there have any idea what to do? I am beating my head
against my office wall, since I have lost track of how many times I've
configured and built openMPI today with crap results. Like I said, I
combed the internet today looking for info, but have found nothing
useful. I'd really appreciate any help anyone could give! Thanks!

--
Cheers from a very frustrated openMPI n00b,
Brian