Subject: [OMPI users] MPI Finalize
From: Gabriele Fatigati (g.fatigati_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-19 18:10:55

Hi,
i'm developing a C code under OpenMPI 1.2.5 with parallel I/O by MPI-2.
I have a strange problem in the MPI_Finalize() routine. The code generates
message reported below :

*** An error occurred in MPI_Barrier
*** after MPI was finalized
*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (goodbye)

In my code, i don't use MPI_Barrier. So, this error is caused by internal
MPI_Barrier into MPI_Finalize. I've noted that if i disable MPI-2 I/O
routine, application works well. Is there a strange effect of MPI_Finalize
under MPI2 related MPI_File_open, MPI_File_close, MPI_File_Reat_at routines?

--
Gabriele Fatigati
CINECA Systems & Tecnologies Department