Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Mpirun don't execute
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-19 17:20:12

Could you send a little more detailed explanation of exactly what is
going wrong?

Remember: the more information you include in your report, the better.
E-mails simply stating, "It doesn't work!" are not helpful; we need to
know as much information about your environment as possible in order
to provide meaningful assistance. The best way to get help is to
provide a "recipie" for reproducing the problem. This will allow the
Open MPI developers to see the error for themselves, and therefore be
able to fix it.

Thanks!

On Sep 19, 2008, at 4:35 PM, Santolo Felaco wrote:

> The attachemente contains: config.log, output file of ompi_info --
> all and output file of ipconfig.
> I need of version 1.3 because I must use the checkpoint.
> Thanks.
>

> 2008/9/19 Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]>
> Please see http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/; this will help
> us understand your problem.
>
> Also note that Open MPI v1.3 is not yet released. If you have v1.3,
> it's a pre-release version.
>

> On Sep 19, 2008, at 1:37 PM, Santolo Felaco wrote:
>
> Hi, I have installed OpenMpi 1.3, my OS il Linux Ubuntu 8.04.
> When I invoke the comand mpirun -np 1 es2 the shell is blocked. The
> comand CTRL+X is not catched.
> I have set defaut hostfile and I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH with /usr/local/
> lib.
> Help me, please

> Jeff Squyres
> Cisco Systems

> ** **
> ** WARNING: This email contains an attachment of a very suspicious
> type. **
> ** You are urged NOT to open this attachment unless you are
> absolutely **
> ** sure it is legitimate. Opening this attachment may cause
> irreparable **
> ** damage to your computer and your files. If you have any
> questions **
> ** about the validity of this message, PLEASE SEEK HELP BEFORE
> OPENING IT. **
> ** **
> ** This warning was added by the IU Computer Science Dept. mail
> scanner. **

Cisco Systems