Subject: [OMPI users] proper way to shut down orted
From: Timothy Kaiser (tkaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-19 16:05:55

Greetings,

I have a manager/worker application. The
manager is called "t2a" and the workers "w2d"

I launch the manager and each worker with
its own mpiexec with n=1. The connect using
various calls including MPI_Open_port,
MPI_Comm_accept, MPI_Comm_connect and
MPI_Intercomm_merge.

It works fine.

I am using the command:

orted --persistent --seed --scope public --universe univ3 --set-sid

to set up the universe and the mpiexec commands are:

mpiexec -np 1 --universe univ3 t2a

mpiexec -np 1 --universe univ3 w2d

mpiexec -np 1 --universe univ3 w2d

mpiexec -np 1 --universe univ3 w2d

Question:

What is the proper way to shutdown orted?
I have found that if I just kill orted then
I can't reuse the universe name.

Platforms and OpenMPI versions:

OS X openmpi-1.2.7 or openmpi-1.2.6 (ethernet)

Rocks openmpi-1.2.6 (Infiniband)

Thanks!

Tim

Timothy H. Kaiser, Ph.D. tkaiser_at_[hidden]  CSM::GECO
"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing
 because he could only do a little" (Edmund Burke)