Subject: [OMPI users] Re :Re: Linpack Benchmark and File Descriptor Limits
From: Neeraj Chourasia (neeraj_ch1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-19 02:20:53

Hello,    With openmpi-1.3,  new mca feature is introduced namely --mca routed binomial. This ensures out of band communication to happen in binomial fashion and reduces the net socket opening and hence solves file open issues.-NeerajOn Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:46:23 -0700 Open MPI Users wrote I'm just running it using mpirun from the command line. Thanks for the reply. On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 4:35 PM, John Hearns wrote: 2008/9/18 Alex Wolfe Hello, I am trying to run the HPL benchmarking software on a new 1024 core cluster that we have set up. Unfortunately I'm hitting the "mca_oob_tcp_accept: accept() failed: Too many open files (24)" error known in verson 1.2 of openmpi. No matter what I set the file-descriptor limit for my account to, I am still limited to only 808 or so processes. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are you running the Linpack via a batch system or just using mpirun from the command line? If via a batch system, looks for FAQs on how
to set the resource limits for that batch system. _______________________________________________ users mailing list users_at_[hidden] http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users