Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Why compilig in global paths (only) for configuretion files?
From: Paul Kapinos (kapinos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-17 10:58:32

Hi Rolf,

Rolf vandeVaart wrote:

>>> I don't know -- this sounds like an issue with the Sun CT 8 build
>>> process. It could also be a by-product of using the combined 32/64
>>> feature...? I haven't used that in forever and I don't remember the
>>> restrictions. Terry/Rolf -- can you comment?
>>

>> I will write an separate eMail to ct-feedback_at_[hidden]
>>
> Hi Paul:
> Yes, there are Sun people on this list! We originally put those
> hardcoded paths in to make everything work correctly out of the box and
> our install process ensured that everything would be at
> /opt/SUNWhpc/HPC8.0. However, let us take a look at everything that was
> just discussed here and see what we can do. We will get back to you
> shortly.

I've just sent an eMail to ct-feedback_at_[hidden] with some explanation of
our troubles...

The main trouble: we wanna to have *both* versions of CT8.0 (for studio
and for gnu compiler) installed on same sythems. The RPMs are not
relocatable, have same name and installs everything into the same
directories... yes, it works out-of-box, but iff just *one* version
installed. So, I started to move installations around, asking on these
mailing list, setting envvars, and parsing configuretion files....

I think installing everyting to hard-coded paths is somewhat inflexible.
Maybe you may provide relocatable RPMs somewhere in the future?

But as mentioned above, our main goal is to have both versions of CT on
same sythem working.

Best regards,

Paul Kapinos