Subject: Re: [OMPI users] errors returned from openmpi-1.2.7 source code
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-15 14:21:47

On Sep 14, 2008, at 1:24 PM, Shafagh Jafer wrote:

> I installed openmpi-1.2.7 and tested the hello_c and ring_c examples
> on single and multiple node and worked fine. However, when I use
> openmpi with my simulator (by replacing the old mpich path with the
> new openmpi ) I get many errors reported from "/openMPI/
> openmpi-1.2.7/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/*.h" . Please see the
> following snap shots:

It's not clear exactly what you did here. Did you just replace
MPICH's "mpiCC" with OMPI's "mpiCC"? FWIW, this is almost always the
easiest way to compile MPI applications: use that implementation's
"wrapper" compiler (I'm assuming you have a C++ code in this case).

These errors should not normally happen; they look kinda like you're
somehow inadvertently mixing Open MPI and MPICH.

Cisco Systems